What is Divine Metaphysics?
Divine Metaphysics is a Science, Philosophy and Religion which accepts the existence of an infinite intelligence. It practices and teaches the spiritual truths recorded in the Holy Bible and other Sacred Scriptures, and as revealed in the life and teaching of Jesus the Christ and other Holy Avatars of God.
Paramount among the spiritual truths is the fact that life is continuous. The change called death is merely a rebirth into a world of higher vibration. This truth is proven through communication, by means of mental and physical mediumship, with loved ones and teachers who live in the spirit world.
Other truths are contained in the Metaphysical Principles as accepted by The First United Metaphysical Chapel and presented in this brochure under the section, “This We Believe.” One of the objects of Divine Metaphysics is to teach these truths pertaining to man’s spiritual and physical welfare.
However, the practice and promulgation of these truths do not make Divine Metaphysics a creed because each individual is encouraged to worship God according to the dictates of his or her own conscience. Some of what Divine Metaphysics teaches are contained in the following points.
- Individuals are morally responsible for themselves.
- We are a threefold being–body, soul, and spirit.
- We are just as much spirit now, as we ever will be, except that we are encased in a physical body.
- We reap as we sow, and life being continuous, we carry into the next world all positive and negative actions taken on the earth plane.
- An understanding of God’s Natural Universal Laws teaches an individual how to live, here and hereafter.
- All of us are family and God is our Father/Mother.
- Therefore, all individuals are divine because the spark of God is within them. All have the potentialities of God if they choose to develop them.
- Heaven and Hell are states of mental consciousness and not literal abodes.
Divine Metaphysics in the Bible…
Here are some references in the Holy Bible to Divine Metaphysics and Mediumship:
- Genesis 15: 12 Abraham goes into trance
- Genesis 16: 7 – 11 The angelof the Lord appears to Hager in the wilderness and comforts her.
- Exodus 3: 2 – 10 An angel speaks to Moses out of the burning bush.
- I Samuel 9: 10 – 20 Saul consults Samuel as a seer.
- I Samuel 28: 6 – 20 Saul consults a medium and asks to talk to the spirit of Samuel.
- Matthew 17: 3 – 5 The Apostles hear the voices of Moses and Elias on the mount.
- Mark 16: 5 – 7 A spirit appears at the tomb of Jesus.
- Mark 16: 18 “They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.”
- John 2: 1 – 11 Making wine from water at the marriage feast.
- Acts 3: 1 – 18 Peter cures the lame man.
- Acts 9: 4 – 7 “And the man which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no man.”
- Romans 8: 26 Paul has a clear understanding of spiritual agencies. “Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities.”